Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Scanning an Item
  • I used to be able to scan the bar code on an item, enter the information and then the next time I entered it, the information was recalled. That doesn't' happen now. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting for that?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Does this happen with all items for you now or a particular item?

• It happens with all items.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @OneFollowingHim
    Can you send me your database (just do an error report and put your forum name in the email it generates)?

Can you also tell me which entry you are expecting to come up (food description already in the database) and maybe include a picture of the barcode you are trying to scan that is failing (that matches the food you are expecting) so that I can load your database and try to reproduce the problem?
  • I am also having difficulity trying to scan. It only allows me to use the ShopSavvy Scanner or the ShopSavvy Scanner (Alt). It will show me the picture of item but does not pull up the points info nor does it allow me to import it into my food entry.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    I've never tried it with the shop savvy scanner. I've tried it with Google Goggles and with zxing barcode scanner (both free)
  • I think I have overly confused myself. I downloaded the app, and registered and have paid for the subscription. I cannot seem to be able to scan any food item with the tool on this app, nothing returns, it just pops me onto a screen to enter the values of the food manually. I thought there would be a database with the food and points value already there to select from?? Like I said, I may be super confused about what is possible and not.
    Thank you..
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @neecy911 what area are you in? In the US? What's an example of the item you are trying to scan?

Did you set up sync and log in with your account?
  • I tried to scan a generic brand lemon soda, Campbells tomato soup, and a granola bar.
    I am in the US. Once you replied to my message, I tried to re-scan the same items, all which failed, but also tried to scan some raisin bread, and that worked.
    If I have 'synced' correctly, yes I am synced. (Menu>auto-sync app date is check marked
    Do you think it is a hit and miss sort of thing?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @neecy911

It might be... manufacturers sometimes change barcodes, and they are also some that are regional. The database is user driven, so as subscribers people scan things they add to the database. It could be that no one has scanned those items yet.
  • I'm having the same problem as above: I scanned an item that wasn't listed. I manually added the info. Then I tried to scan it again and nothing came up.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @royalt213 After you scanned it, did you keep it in your food log? The app only remembers things recorded on the food log.
  • Yeah. I scanned it, added the info, favorited it, then scanned it again about 10 minutes later and it didn't show up.

On a related note, I tried to download Log Collector to generate a log and send it to you, but I wasn't sure which one to get. I downloaded COL Log Collector, but it only produces full system logs (I think?), but it gave an error even trying to do that.

Let me know if there is any way I can help. I know my way around Linux, know C/C++, HTML and some JavaScript, have worked with Android in Eclipse a bit, and am generally computer/Android savvy.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @royalt213 Will do. I've been having a hard time reproducing this.

Do you have a subscription, or are you using the app without one? Can you email me a picture of the barcode (and food label) you scanned so that I can try it out?
  • I have a subscription. Yeah, I'll email it to you the bar code in a little while.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion