Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Point calculation formulas
  • Is the default formula set as us or uk.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    US
  • shobugshobug
    I'm very sorry if this question sounds ignorant, but I haven't done weight watchers for some time, and the old formula worked very well for me. I lost 4 stone on the old UK system in 2005.

I would like to edit the formula to do the same, mainly because I am now living in Vietnam, and it is extremely difficult to get nutritional information. I remember that even if you couldn't find the saturated fat, you could guess it by halving the fat content.

How can I edit the formula to this original simplistic formula of saturated fat and calories?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    not a problem.

Check out this link and follow the instructions for UK users: http://forum.canofsleep.com/discussion/132/wwdiary-new-ww-plan-and-how-to-keep-using-the-old-one
  • shobugshobug
    Thank you so much! That's excellent!
  • Hello, I am using the UK ProPoints version of WW and came up with this formula using my WW calculator:

round((protein/10.989)+(carbs/9.1743)+(fat/3.891)+(fiber/34.484))

Whilst this formula works in WWDiary; I'd like to calculate to 2 decimal places but my formula seems invalid? This is what I did:
    round((protein/10.989)+(carbs/9.1743)+(fat/3.891)+(fiber/34.484),2)

Can somebody help me please as entering my formula into the app is different from XLS. x x x
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Try
    round(((protein/10.989)+(carbs/9.1743)+(fat/3.891)+(fiber/34.484))*100)/100
  • Thank you so much for this ddumont, I think I understand now, 1dp would be */10 and 3dp would be */1000. Thank you.

Can I also take this opportunity to thank you for such an amazing app. It's the best of it's kind I've tried by miles! I particularly love that we can enter and use our own formulas if we wish as many other apps I've tried have used formulas that don't match the one I use. I have also subscribed, as I feel you have put a lot of work into this app and deserve to be rewarded for the maintenance etc.

I have finally found the app that's worth cancelling my WW subscription for. Thank you x x x
  • Hello again!
    Does anybody know if there is a way to calculate to the nearest half point? Or am I pushing my luck? Lol. Is 1 decimal place the closest I'm going to get? x x x
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @missbazinga

Do you already have a formula you like? I can fix it up for you to the nearest half point.
  • @ddumont

This is the formula I'm using:
    round(((protein/10.989)+(carbs/9.1743)+(fat/3.891)+(fiber/34.484))*100)/100
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @missbazinga

Try this:
    round(((protein/10.989)+(carbs/9.1743)+(fat/3.891)+(fiber/34.484))*2)/2
  • @ddumont

Thank you, this is just perfect!! Great app, I can't wait until we can add and edit our database online!! :-)
  • Hi all, I am hoping someone can help me with the custom formula for the old (pre 2010) Australian points. This formula just uses kilojoules (not calories) and saturated fat. I think it is the one listed on Wikipedia under "Food values outside the United States". There is a formula shown there but I don't know how to translate that to a formula for this app.

I do have an official (superseded) calculator but it would be handy to be able to use the app for this too, in case I lose or break the standalone calculator, because it may be hard to replace.

Thanks again for providing such a great app, I have been a happy subscriber for a while now :)

• ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @Tillee91 I don't have a kilojoules option, I didn't think those other systems were still in use :)
    I'll see if I can add an option so that it can use used in the calculator.

As far as a formula goes, I'm not sure. Can you link the page where you found it and I'll see what I can do?
  • Thank you :) I'm old fashioned, the old points work so I don't want to pay for the newer material. All our food labels here are in kj not calories.

This is where I found it, it's the first one under the heading "Food values outside the United States".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weight_Watchers#Food_Values_Outside_the_United_States
  • I am happy to pretend that calories are kj in the app if you can make the formula work with the kj values.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Ok I'll see what I can do
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @Tillee91
    Try this:
    round((calories/290)+(satfat /4)*10)/10
    Where calories in this case would be your kj value. I'll try to get a kj option in

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged