Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
I'm new here
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't change your forum password?.
  • I'm new here. Not really sure what I'm doing. I have a Google phone so I created an account with Google, but now see that maybe i shouldn't have done it that way. And how do I subscribe? I didn't see anything in the app about subscribing?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    It's fine to create an account with google. I'll just need to reset a password on the forum login if you wish to log in with a subscription.

The subscription is not necessary for a fully functional, ad-free app. You may use it as it is as a paper replacement tracker. There are some online tools available and under development that you may be interested in if you do subscribe. You can subscribe here: http://forum.canofsleep.com/profile/subscription
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    btw @kberly85

I split your discussion off since you had some questions aside from a password reset. Let me now if you want me to go ahead and do that.
  • Yes. That will be fine. Thank you! So the subscription tools aren't available in the app? Just online?
  • @Ddumont can you reset my password. Then I think I'll subscribe and sync everything together. Thanks again.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @kberly85 done.
  • @ddumont - Thank you for that. I just set up my subscription and synced. So now may I ask....now what? :) I wasn't able to find a food database now available to me through the app. Where do I find that? I saw a post about graphs and charts available after subscribing. Where are those? And other than the barcode scanner what other tools are available for subscribing? I looked at the user manual but it didn't cover barcodes or databases.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @kberly85 On the subscription page, you should see your weight log graphed out if you've synced up your data. To get there just follow the link in the upper right, or click here: http://forum.canofsleep.com/profile/wwdiary

Right now, subscribers get the barcode scanning and the multi-device sync. I have a few things in development still to expand the capabilities of the online food tracker (so that you can enter food and it is more useful) but developments at work have kept me extremely busy lately. I hope to finish those up and deploy them soon.
  • I am completely confused as to how I can use this application. I bought this to use it as a tracking pts program. I cant even figure out where to start!!!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @teresalgriffiths are you familiar with the weight watchers program?
  • Hello, new here....have downloaded the app to my phone and am working on setting up the DPA calculator. Almost done....what exactly is the adjustment (ex : 3 or -2)? Also, I only show AP and WP on the home screen....is it supposed to show daily points there, or will it just track them for me? just want to be sure I am setting this up properly. Thanks!
  • Thanks for your reply!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @sceniccityred
    Adjustments are typically for mothers nursing or users who for one reason or another need to modify the calculated DPA(daily point allowance) up or down to meet their needs. This is typically worked out with a WW leader according to the needs of the user.

Daily points should display in the top middle (portrait) or in the middle of the screen behind the log (landscape). Once you fill out the DPA calc and tell it to use the calculated value (both settings must be set) it will change from dashes (--) to the correct DPA.

As you add food, it will track the used DPA, AP, and WP.
  • Thanks so much. I tried to just ignore the adjustment or enter a 0 but it will not let me move past that. It is giving me an ":error in height syntax". Sorry to ask again...what did I miss?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @sceniccityred
    There's an error in the value for height. What did you enter?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @sceniccityred
    Try
    5ft 0
  • oh, my, ddumont...I put in that exactly as you entered, pressed ok and still getting the height error...I am so sorry!
  • hey! It took it with the inches!
  • I am on my way now...the points are displayed, just as you said! Thank you so much for the help and for the great app. Looking forward to using it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion