Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
WWDiary: New DPA Calculator
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator

Don't Panic

You can still use the old WW points system. There is a new setting in preferences that lets you switch to the old calculator.
    imageimage
    From canofsleep

The default for DPA calculations will now be using the PointsPlus system.

PointsPlus DPA Calculator

There's a new DPA calculator in preferences and the location of the preference has moved ( see above ).
    From canofsleep

You'll notice that the weight field now lets you input text. This is because you must now enter in measurement units (st: stones, lb or lbs:pounds, kg: kilograms). This is to help support other locales where weight is measured differently and to not have to have people to conversions when they want to enter their weight.

The same goes for height, but not age or adjustment. Just follow the gray hint text in the empty box.

There's more info in another post on the weight formatting and future updates.

Adjustments

The adjustment field in the calculator is for things like maintenance, nursing, etc. WW does not give hard guidelines for how much you are supposed to adjust your DPA. Rather, it is something that you and your WW leader work out as you track your weightloss progress. You may use this forum to discuss what works for you, how you use it, etc if you feel totally lost.

Accuracy

Some WW goers may note that the DPA listed here is off by one point from what E-tools gives you. I can't account for that, but in my testing this calculator is 100% accurate against that handheld calculators that WW sells. The handheld calcs that WW sells are also off for some height, weight, age, sex combos. If this bothers you, you may fix it with the adjustment.
  • Is there a place in the diary that displays your daily points allowance & daily points left? I love your app! Thanks!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Your allowance will be shown every new day at the top with no foods added. As you eat food, the number at the top will shrink.
  • KB3KB3
    Ok so I want to use old calculator and I see where to do that and then I go in to add a food and it keeps asking for protein - help
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Check out the stickied post on the forum for instructions on how to set up the old system.
  • Hoe do u enter food keeps telling me I don't have permission
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @bratpack How do you mean? Did you mean to post in this thread? What does this have to do with the DPA changes?
  • I need help with calculator: I have unchecked - Custom Point Calc (I want to use new PP) however when I go to enter calories, fat, fiber, protein, carb on the calculator it is leaving off "calories". Under Settings all of these items are checked. What am I doing wrong? Thanks.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @momof2qtsjen The new point system does not use calories.
  • Thank you!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    np :)
  • Hi

I have just changed to the pro points system and when i calculate my allowance it says I'm allowed 50 points but when doing this manually following instructions from the web it says 36 points. Which one is correct? or are you aware of a bug?

28yr male 5ft 10 in
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @tibermonkey Pro points or points plus? What country are you from?
  • Pro points UK Sorry
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Did you follow the instructions for setting up the app to use propoints? Check the sticked thread for using the old(US) system, it describes what you need to do for that.
    You must also use the 'old' point allowance calculator.
  • ok will give that ago, is the old US system the same as the new pro points UK system then?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    The 'old system' did points for US and propoints for UK. Either way, it lets you enter in a custom formula to calculate points so you can use whatever point formula you want. If the point allowance calculator is inaccurate, you can manually input your allowances.

Don't forget to manually adjust your weekly 'flex points' if you need to.
  • I don't have a field to enter callories when calculating point values. Android os. Moto droid
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @hgladish if you want to use the old system, you need to follow the instructions on the stickied thread.
  • When trying to check off my water, fruit intake, it never shows on the main screen. Is there a step that I am missing? Thanks
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @Kiluvm
    You need to enter that info with a food item

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged