Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Question about Weekly Points if using the "old" WW system
  • Hello! I discovered your application, and I have loaded it onto my android phone. So far, I'm very excited and motivated, quite simply because it seems to be so easy to use! I first did weight watchers back around 2002, I think, and it was under the old system. I think you call that the momentum system. I did VERY well under that system, and still have all of my books. I not only reached my goal, but I made it to "lifetime" status. HOWEVER, I became very ill, and over the next several years, not only gained back all of the weight I had lost, but had to have several surgeries. It has been a difficult journey. Recently, though, I have been feeling much better, and I have been thinking "I did it once! I can do it again!" I do not like the idea of spending money on re-joining WW, and I never liked the "meeting" aspect anyway. I would only go pay my weekly payment, weigh in, and then dart out the door, abandoning the meetings. (The meetings felt creepy to me.) So, I started to look for an app for my phone, and yours had MANY very positive reviews! Today I paid the very reasonable "subscription" fee, so that I could have full access to the application (as I understand it). I found instructions in the forum pages on how to set up my app with the old calendar, and so far it is working nicely! I have been scanning bar codes on food boxes all afternoon!

My main question is about the "Weekly Points" setting.

I followed the directions on this page: http://forum.canofsleep.com/discussion/132/wwdiary-new-ww-plan-and-how-to-keep-using-the-old-one#Item_3 and all of the point values are loading in to the same values as my "old school" cardboard PointsFinder.

Under the instructiosn on the above page, you say in #2 "Set weekly points to 35." Is there a particular reason that it must be set on 35? Under the old system, with my current "starting" weight, my "Daily Points Range" is 24-29. Therefore, I would say my daily points should be 27, but over the course of the week, I still have 2 points per day as "flexible points" if necessary. That would be a total of 14 "extra" points, that would still keep me within my Daily Points Range. Would it be alright for me to set my weekly points to 14? Or would that throw off the calculator somehow?

I would sincerely appreciate your help with answering this question.

Thank you,
    Fetban
  • P.S. Under the very old system that I used, these "extra" (unused) points were called "Banked" Points. I hope that clarification is helpful. I just want to know if I can use the Weekly Points setting as Banked Points, without messing up other calculations throughout the system.

Thank you.
    Fetban
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @Fetban
    There are a few "old" plans :) WW likes to keep changing things. I was pretty sure the most recent "old" plan had 35 floating weekly points.

As long as you know what you're doing, setting 14 weekly points will not mess anything up in the app. But please make sure you aren't under-eating or causing any potential health issues!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @Fetban
    The app isn't set up to "bank" up to to points per day for the week. I'm not sure I'm familiar with that plan. You may need to manually track that, or just assume the 2 points loss per day and allocate them in the weekly points slot.
  • The point plan prior to the new Points Plus did not "bank" points (that was a much older system); you also did not have a "range" of daily points (for example 24-29). This app follows the plan that existed right before Points Plus came out - you get a daily point value (not a range) and 35 weekly points to use (or not) as you wish throughout the week - whatever weeklies you don't use within the week, you lose (can't carry to the next week).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion