Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Database Basically Empty - Login and Sync Problem as Potential Cause
  • As many of you may have noticed, the vast majority of stuff that you scan isn't in the database. I believe this issue is caused by the fact that every time your phone is powered off and powered back on, you are not logged back in. Moreover, if you try to log in through the app, it may not actually be logging you back in.

Since the database is primarily user-driven, it depends on us to scan stuff and enter the information. However, since you may not realize that you're not logged in, the information you are entering likely has not been being added to the database.

What I have to do is, upon each reboot, I have to go to "Settings"->"Add Account"->"WWDiary", then enter my username and password each time. I suggest you do the same until this situation is fixed.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @royalt213
    I've tried to reproduce this on my moto x, but I don't see this at all. restarted my phone and the sync is still working fine. What kind of phone are you using again?
  • I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note. Something just doesn't seem right. I have scanned lots of name brand, nationally-distributed, and extremely popular foods (i.e. Wheaties, Corn Flakes, Digiorno, etc.) and I only get a database hit about 1 in 15 items.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Well, I do know that companies use different barcodes for different regions. For example the same brand of soda will use multiple barcodes to differentiate cans that have a recycle deposit that can be refunded or not.

I'm sure some companies get even more specific than that.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    I'm hoping that the POD database you sent me will solve some of these problems.... not sure how often they update and how I'd get notified yet. It would be a good start though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion