Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Buttons for food type tracking.
  • It would nice to have the buttons to track the water, dairy, vegetables on the bar above the daily food list.
    iWatchr has this feature. I do find a bit cumbersome to track for each item.

• ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    These values are saved to the food item so that the next time you eat that food, it will use them automatically. I know it can be a bit time consuming at first. But one tip would be to create a food item with zero points called water that you add to your favorites list.

Then when you drink a water you just log that "food".
  • Ahhhh I wondered how to do that. So I can add the value of liquid to my coffee and tea and diet soda! I will also experiment with the zero point water. Excellent.
  • Dear DakiniVerona
    Better doublecheck. Diet drinks and coffee supposedly don't count towards water.
    all the best
    MissClairee
  • tessler65btessler65b
    Member, Tester, VIP
    @MissClairee - The rules have changed from what they were a few years ago ("water only") to say "liquids" which includes all drinks, even coffee, tea, diet drinks, etc.

However, these are the U.S. rules. The rules for your country or locale may be different.
  • I may be a bit slow here, but all my food types show zero all the time. I can't drag the food type icons to the entry, nor vice versa. How are the food type icons supposed to increment? I even have a zero entry for water.

I'm on a Nook Color running CM7 / Android 2.3, and your app looks great on the big screen.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Nice, I'd love to see it running on the nook!
    To add those water,dairy,oil,veg attributes to a food item, you slide the blue tab on the bottom or wide of your screen open. Select the food attributes you want to assign to the current food entry. These attributes must be tied to a food entry.

If you save a water attribute to an item named water, it will remember it and log the water every time you log the food.
  • Thanks for the quick reply, I was just coming here to delete my question as I found it elsewhere. For some reason, I thought the icon on that tab was a calendar, so I never looked.

I will gladly post a video to YouTube, and will post here when its up. Not until tonight ET, however.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    That would be awesome!
  • As promised - WW Diary App on Rooted Nook Color

Sorry its not a hyperlink, I can't get the URL to stay on the clipboard.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Cool! Thanks!

• Sure! As I said, your app looks great on the bigger screen and I'm sure its much easier to use. Thanks again and best of luck.
  • tessler65btessler65b
    Member, Tester, VIP
    That's awesome!
  • ddumont said:

Nice, I'd love to see it running on the nook!
    To add those water,dairy,oil,veg attributes to a food item, you slide the blue tab on the bottom or wide of your screen open. Select the food attributes you want to assign to the current food entry. These attributes must be tied to a food entry.

If you save a water attribute to an item named water, it will remember it and log the water every time you log the food.

For some reason, this isn't working at all for me. Even when I attribute it to a food entry, nothing gets logged and it still remains "0/6, 0/5, 0/3, 0/2" :(

Any advice would be extremely helpful! This is the only thing lacking for me in this app (which I LOVE, btw)!!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    What phone do you have?

And you are positive that you are entering a food item with a name and a serving > 0
    where you have set a value in the slide out drawer?
    (slide the drawer back out so you can press ok, don't press back or the food will not log)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged