Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Any way to restore my old data?
  • I recently wiped all the data from my phone. Before doing so, I copied all of the (non-root) data to my computer. I had never selected "Backup Database" from the settings in wwdiary. I had just assumed that the data must already be stored somewhere in the folders I was copying, and that I would be able to restore it by copying those folders back to the phone after the wipe.

Now that I look at the database files in the backup directory I made, it appears as though none of my old data is in there. Is there any way I can get all of my old data back (especially my favorites info which was extensive)? Where was the active data stored on my phone before the wipe? Was it in a root-only-accessible directory? Did I blow it away?

Best,
    Andrew
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Those backup programs cannot read app data without root privileges, as far as I know.

:( Unless you were a subscriber with an active sync account or you had a backup manually, I don't think there's any way to restore it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion