Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Calculate the point plus for MAINTAINING a certain weight
  • usdm006usdm006
    Hi. Just downloaded this really cool app. My compliments!

If I enter my age, gender and weight I get the points plus I can spend per day for loosing weight.
    My WW etools also offers a possibility to get the Points Plus allowance calculated in case you do NOT want to lose weight but want to MAINTAIN a certain weight. Would it be possible to add that feature to WWDiary too?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    There is a fudge factor in the points calculator where you can put a number that will be added on to your point allowance. There is no specific formula for maintenance that I've found. AFAIK, it's worked out with a WW leader or just experimented with until you find the right value.
  • usdm006usdm006
    Ok thanks!
  • Hi ddumont.
    The topic still kept spooking through my head. I did some more research and found this info on the WW site:
    "If you choose to go into Maintenance, your PointsPlus Tracker will automatically increase your daily PointsPlus Target by 6"

So, based on this I would say:

IF Maintenance THEN DailyPoints_Maintenance = DailyPoints_WeightLoss + 6.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Thanks for the info! I'll direct people here as they ask for it in the future. I'm hesitant to put it in the app by default, as everyone is different and may need more/less to maintain. Though they can always add it to the adjustment section of the calc.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion