Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Import data in to WW Diary
  • usdm006usdm006
    Question:
    I see I can export the database of WWDiary.
    I was wondering if there is a way to IMPORT Food Entry Data.
    I have an excel sheet with:
    Food Item|Fat|Carbs|Fiber|Protein
    All needed for the input of a new Food item.
    Instead of typing them all via the app I was wondering if there would be a way to import a cvs file with these data.
    Thanks!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    You would have to use an sqlite database editor and import them into the tables in a certain way, but it is certainly possible.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    If you want to give it a try and have any questions about the db schema, let me know.
  • usdm006usdm006
    Wow thanks! This was a great hint!
    I was able to peek into the database. I'll study it a bitmore in detail.
    If you have schem info in a doc please send it. If not, I may get back toyou with questions.
    Thanks!
  • Hi ddumont. I unfortunately never received the schema.
    Yet, I think I figured it out. If you are interested I, and/or if you think this will be of interest for this forum let me know and I write up a small set of work instructions.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Ahh, sorry... :( I don't have the schema in a doc. It's not very complicated, the various tables are usually just joined with the food log.

Opening the database in a sqlite editor should show you the column layout.
    I'm totally all in favor of people contributing here and helping each other out. I do this in my spare time and don't always have time to update the app or answer questions in depth.

Any help you can provide others would be great!
  • OK. Perfect. Like you I am rather busy at this time. But I promise to post a littel work instruction here soon. Please feel free to remind me if you have nit seen it by end of July.
  • VilxVilx
    +1 for this. I just started using this app and it's exactly what I want too. usdm006 - have you made any progress and is there anything to share? :) (Warning: if not, I'll race you to it! XD)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged