Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Permissions?
  • Before I install, could you please give me some information about the Permissions you are requesting? Photos/Media/Files Uses one or more of: files on the device such as images, videos, or audio, the device's external storage
    Device ID & call information; and Allows the app to determine the phone number and device IDs, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call. I've searched the Discussions but did not find one addressing this. What would you do with my photos and files, etc.? Is there a way to install without allowing these permissions? Thank you!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Sure! The photos and media files is part of the request to use the sdcard. This is where the backups are written if you choose to back up your database.

Device id is needed for the wwdiary account provider, I don't use it directly.

It is not possible yet to deny the permissions. But soon though! Android M will have that feature. I am looking forward to it also. It will let all devs request the permission only when it is needed, and explain why it is needed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged