Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Changes to WW system
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Try this, it worked for me.
    (0.0305 * calories) - (0.098*protein) + (0.12*sugar)+(0.275*satfat)

Satfat should be 1 word
  • @ddumont

Hi i got the error message when I as entering the stats like stu441982 did.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @Nycx1004 Please try entering in the formula that I pasted above (delete what you have).

Also, be sure that calories, protein, sugar, and satfat are selected and nothing else.
  • @ddumont

I got it!! Thanks for your quick response :)
    It's working now

Do you have any idea how to get the daily pts and weekly pts as well??
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @Nycx1004 what do you mean?
  • @ddumont - you rock!!! Thank you so much. Your app and forum seriously mean the world to me.
    A few times my phone has broken and I seek comfort in knowing I can restore EVERYTHING because of your hard work.
    Thank you a million times!
    I'm trying the new formula out this week to see if I like it.
    I set out to lose 30lbs. by my 30th birthday and i did it!
    Check out how I did it and how I'm keeping it up.
    http://www.30byThrity.blog.com
  • ddumont said:

@Nycx1004 what do you mean?

I think she means, do you know how to find out what our target weekly and daily points are for the new program.

@Nycx1004, is that what you mean? I'd look around on the internet a bit for help. HungryGirl posted some info and a lot of WW bloggers are posting about it.
  • @Nycx1004 - I found this article very interesting.
    She has a lot of feedback about the old and new program. Mind you, she's a calorie counter and doesn't follow the WW system, but is a lifetime member and weighs in regularly.
    She just talks about the friendliness of the program.

She's 130-133lb and gets 36sp/day +28sp/week to MAINTAIN. In order to LOSE, she'd get 30sp/day + 28sp/week.

Interestingly, because she's a calorie counter, she lost 2 lb in her first week, but went over her maintenance goal by 123sp (165sp if she was trying to lose)!

Hope this helps!
  • @ddumont, I was getting the same error message that others mentioned. I went in to my calculator settings and checked calories, saturated fat, protein and sugar. Am I supposed to put in the (0.0305 * calories) - (0.098*protein) + (0.12*sugar)+(0.275*satfat) somewhere on the calculator settings?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @AngelicFool yes there should be a place to edit the formula (I think it's right under the checkbox to use a custom formula) and you enter that formula in there.
  • @ddumont, thanks for your response. I entered but not sure if I did it correctly. I tried to calculate the points for something and it came up as being 1.602 points. I thought that was odd.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    This formula is experimental, currently... as the real one is not known 100% yet. There are rounding functions that can be used to remove the trailing hundredths of a point. I'll look into posting an updated one for those who are interested.
  • I hope you are able to keep the original WW Points calculator for calories, fat and fiber. Personally that is why I have subscribed.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @craftytms I have no plans on removing the ability to use old systems.
  • Just a side note when recalculating recipes... Weight Watchers now says that fruits and non-starchy vegetables that are in a recipe no longer have a point value. If you calculate a recipe JUST off of the nutrition per serving, your SmartPoint total will be higher. Also fruits and vegetables that are blended in a smoothie do have a point value.
  • There is an interesting write up at http://calorielab.com/news/2015/10/08/weight-watchers-pointsplus-formula/ that was helpful for me figured I would share it here..
  • That is a great read, thanks for sharing
  • @ddumont - do you think once you get the formula settled you will update the app? Or are you wanting people to use the custom calc? I cannot seem to get it to work correctly, are we supposed to have spaces, or no?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Yes I will. It may take a while, because I have to make the setting available without changing people's defaults if they want to use the old program.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion