Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Changes to WW system
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    satfat should be one word, and you shouldn't need spaces but they shouldn't hurt.
  • I'm going to give the new Smart Points a try. In Australia it is kilojoules, protein, sat fat & sugar. Does anyone know how to put the formula in with kj instead of calories? Thanks in advance :)
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @Tillee91 I don't yet have a support option for kilojoules. I will consider adding it.
  • i found this forumula and it is only slightly different then the one I saw posted here.

(0.0303*calories)+(0.2727*satfat)+(0.1212*sugar)-(0.097*protein)

http://calorielab.com/news/2015/10/08/weight-watchers-pointsplus-formula/
  • Why is it sat fat instead of fat?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @lorri68 the new system uses sat fat.
  • So its cals sat fat protin and suger nothing else
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @lorri68

For the new smartpoint formula, yes. I wouldn't recommend just switching to that if you're used to the old system. A change in plan like this needs to be considered carefully and you should read all of the literature you can on it so that you can eat in a healthy way.

WWDiary allows former or current WW members to continue to track their foods without having to use the old-style paper trackers, but the hope is they already know and understand the plan they are following

Just wanted to clear that up. :)
  • And WWDiary is really great for just that purpose :-D Thanks!
  • ddumont said:

@Tillee91 I don't yet have a support option for kilojoules. I will consider adding it.

Thanks for your reply. A while ago, you helped me with a custom formula for the old Australian points (Kj & sat fat) where I could put the Kj value in the calories section & that worked. I am hoping you - or someone with better math skills than me - can work out how to do this with the new formula?

• @hopefulloser sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the article!! I haven't been using the app because of the change and was contemplating if i should just join for a month because of their 10lb loss guarantee lol... we'll see. I still need to figure it all out and see if it would work for me. I wish you luck with the plan!! :)
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @Tillee91 calories are equal to 4.184 kj. So if everywhere you are entering in kj and you want it to count as calories, try dividing the calories by 4.184 everywhere.

You can use extra parens to help: (calories / 4.184)
  • I just started back with WW and am trying the smart points thing. I really don't like the official WW tracker, so I'm going to try to use WW Diary tracker and just adjust my points value to reflect smart points. It will mean changing all my previous foods, but I love the way this program works. Thank you.
  • I have the newest version of the app and I would be interested in trying the new smartpoints since I was stalling at the points plus.

I may be missing this, but does anyone know of how I can calculate my daily and weekly point allowance for the new program? I went to meetings for years and did just fine solo so I would rather not have to go join again and pay just to get my point allotment.

Thanks so much!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @mikeinstlouis I don't have any of the new literature available to me for figuring out the new point allowances.

That seems to still be the missing piece. If you do happen upon any of that information, please do share it here for others wanting to try out the new plan.
  • Hi ddumont,

I hope you're well.

I was wondering if you have any news on updating the app so its works like it did for pro points i.e. Working out food points values without any decimal places and also working out point allowances?

If have the official books but don't know if there's any info in there that can help you?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    sorry for the delay in responding.
    No I haven't had time recently but I hope to soon have, at the very least, an easier-to-follow guide on how to set up the new points with the formulas recommended by the community.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @stu441982 If you could, I'd love for you to scan/photo the new material so that I can get any information out of it that I can related to changes to tracking.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Based on recent information, I've made a post here with the formula that will round to the nearest whole number: http://forum.canofsleep.com/discussion/2020/smart-points
  • Iv ticked all the new boxes and I get a message about changing the formula what formula do I have to change

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion