Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Smart Points
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Many of you have been asking how to use the new smart points system with WWDiary.
    There are instructions here for how to follow older point programs with custom formulas: http://forum.canofsleep.com/discussion/132/wwdiary-new-ww-plan-and-how-to-keep-using-the-old-one

To use the new smart point system you can follow the same instructions, only selecting the following custom food stats:
    • calories
    • sugar
    • satfat
    • protein

And you can use the following forumula:
    round((calories + (4 * sugar) + (9 * satfat) - (3.2 * protein)) / 33)
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    There was an error in the previous version of the formula. I have edited the post above to correct it.
  • Love the app. One thing I noticed that is different is the calculation to get your total points. My wife belongs to WW and got me one of there calulators. It figured me out for 33 points yours without subtracting gives me 37 points. Is that the reason for the subtracting line?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @bsreed Which subtracting line?
  • Sorry, should have said adjustments line.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Ahh that's for point allowance. The point allowance calculator may have changed for the smartpoint program. I would manually enter in what they gave you for smartpoints. I do not have all of the literature yet to determine what it should be for smartpoints.

Just uncheck the box that says to use the calculator and enter in a manual value.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Adjustments were meant for women who breastfeed or individuals with other needs that would gain or lose points based on conversations with their WW leader.
  • Ok, thanks. Also, is the scanner hooked to a database that collects the info for point values or does it just pull up the product?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @bsreed not sure what you mean. The scanner will look up foods entered into the system by other subscribers (if you have a subscription) or look in your existing database for a previously scanned and entered in food. You will then have an opportunity to select servings and add it (with the recalled point values and food stats) to your log for the day.
  • Ok, you answered it. That is exactly what I was asking.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion