Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
  • Hello! I know this has been answered already, but I'm having a hard time finding the information. I just recently got a new phone which does not have an SD card. I have had a subscription for a couple of years now. I have downloaded the app and I am trying to figure this out. I have "logged" into the app but since I have an established database do I want to select the (replace all local data with remote data)? I did backup the database onto my old SD card and unmounted it...only to find my new phone does not have a place for the SD card. Help!! :(
  • I think I got it...however it came up with my last weight being March last year and came up with my last "point range" (I've since gone down in point range). So does this mean that my phone did not sync for months and months if this is old data downloading to my phone? What did I do wrong with the sync feature on my old phone? I don't want to repeat the same mistake. It was an easy fix in the settings to change the weight but that means that my "favorites" are not completely updated and I am missing several months. Any help so I don't make the same mistake...Thanks for all you do!!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @kellyWW1

First, I would restore your backup that you took on your old phone.

After you do that, if you start a sync manually (or wait for one to happen) you'll get a sync error.
    You want to choose the option to replace the remote data (the data on the WWDiary servers) with the local data (the data on your phone). This will start the syncing from what you have on your phone.

On your new phone, if you sign in you'll get a sync error when it tries to sync (even if you already set up sync. The relationship would have been broken by the previous step). On that device you want to replace all the local data (the old data you don't want) with the remote data (the up-to-date data on the servers).

Just to be safe, give it some time between the first and second steps.

Let me know if you have any more questions!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    To answer your question, it sounds like the sync stopped working some time in the past. I'm not sure what would have caused that. If sync had stopped but the account in the phone was still active, you would have been prompted to set up the sync. The only thing I can think is that the account was removed from the device at some point.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion