Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
using old calculator
  • I really like this app, however I have been unable to use the calculator. I have read through the forum and still unsuccessful at finding the answer. When entering the calculator I get this message "Problem in the custom calculator sub expression ..."
    I have gone to settings checked used old calc, then put in 24 daily points allowance and 35 weekly points.
    then I went into point calculator, checked use old activity point calculator and custom foo point calc, I checked off cal, fat, fiber. What am I doing wrong? thanks
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    if you get the message for protein then the food point calc is still using the built in one. Make sure that the food point calc saved correctly and that the option to use the custom calc is still checked.
  • how do you save the food point calculator, there is not a save button
  • changed it again still says
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Is the preference not saving? What phone do you have?
  • droid X
  • I am trying to do the same and i've checked the food point cal. and chosen Cal. Fiber, and Fat. And i've edited the formula using round((calories/50 + (fat/12) - (min(fiber,4)/5)). but it still tells me that i'm missing a ) somewhere in my formula!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @ashleybrooke it's because you are :)

What you wrote here:
    round((calories/50 + (fat/12) - (min(fiber,4)/5))

From the post in the other thread:
    round((calories/50) + (fat/12) - (min(fiber, 4)/5))
  • I'm having the same problem as Ibschou, in my case using custom cal works for one day then the next day it gives me the error for protein and carbs. I can't get it to work again.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @chavela21 what phone do you have? I'll try to find out. Preferences not saving might be a larger problem with the Android version on your phone. I'll see if I can find anything.
  • I keep getting the protein error too. The error is: Problem in the custom calculator formula: sub expression in is not valid. I am using the latest version of WWDiary, and I have a Droid Eris HTC. My food points calculator displays calories, fat, and fiber, and I have Use Old Calculator selected in the Point Allowance and Custom Food Point Calculator selected in the Point Calculator section, with only the calories, fat and fiber boxes checked.

I really like this app, and hope this problem can be fixed. I'm wondering if that extra space following the first instance of protein in the formula means anything? Probably not; I know next to nothing about programming.
  • Sorry...that should be "sub expression is not valid", not "in is not valid". The rest of the error is exact.
  • Im having the same exact problem as everyone above and have everything checked like it should. I really love this app hope it gets fixed. I have a andriod 4g mytouch
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    It's because you need to use the custom formula listed above. There's also a stickied post in the forum on how to set your app up for the old system.
  • Ah, I see what my problem was. I was reading the second US line as UK, so I didn't think it pertained to me. Thus, I never entered the custom formula: I thought just checking off the calories, fat, and fiber buttons would be enough. Just entered the formula, did a quick check, and it works fine.

Thanks for the great app; I'll definitely make a donation.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    No prob! Thanks @toasterlad!
  • I have an old formula for the OLD plan - round((calories/50) + (fat/12) - (min(fiber, 4)/5)) in my phone. Is this still a valid formula? Meaning as you've developed the app, has the info here changed or is it still good?

Thank you,

Jay
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @bubba76819
    The formula for the old point system is located here:
    http://forum.canofsleep.com/discussion/132/wwdiary-new-ww-plan-and-how-to-keep-using-the-old-one

And it looks like that's the one you're using, so you should be all set if you want to keep using that system.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged