Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Points Calculator Error in Formula
  • gerew1gerew1
    I'm having a problem with the points calculator. I keep getting an "error in the formula message" but the message appears so briefly that I can't read the whole thing. It says something about Fiber Protein *16 but I never can see the whole thing. I love this app and would like to solve this problem so I would have everything I need in one app. I am using the old program with calories, fat and fiber only. I am in the US. I'm not good at math or formulas so the simpler the answer the better. Thank you so much for the work you put into this app, even if I can't correct the calculator problem I love it anyway...
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Are you entering in the formula correctly as described in the stickied forum post?
    The error means that the program is trying to multiply a formula variable for protein, which the formula you want should not have.
  • gerew1gerew1
    Stickied forum post? I'm sorry this is my first experience with asking/answering in a forum. I just got my first laptop, first smart phone and bought my first app WWdiary, so at 62 years old, everything is new to me. The inut is calories, fat, fiber only I do not have protein checked and do not input protein. I took a photo of the screen and it says: problem in the custom calculator formula: Sub expression in is not valid. What should I put in the Edit Formula box?
  • gerew1gerew1
    I actually gave what my screen said but when I looked at my comment it wasn't there. Sub expression in is not valid. The formula portion will not stay in my post so I don't know how to let you know what it says.
  • gerew1gerew1
    I found it ddumont! I fixed it and I love your app! You are the bomb! How do I donate without a paypal account?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    You should be able to use the donate button in the right sidebar on the site. That shouldn't require you to have a paypal account.

Glad you're up and running!
  • janojano
    gerew1,
    How did you fix it? I'm having the same issue.
  • janojano
    I figured it out and fixed it. I needed to put the custom calculation in.
  • janojano
    Fixed
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @jano glad to hear it!
  • How did this get fixed? I'm getting the same error message
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @Skittles024 Enter in the custom formula found in one of the stickied posts in the forum
  • Found it, thnx!
  • I'm getting the same error message and have set the custom formula to fat fiber and calories. Using old points calculator and activity calculator. What am I missing? I love this app and want to do the old points program.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @hjntsmom
    Just enter in the custom formula. The reason you are seeing the error is because the default formula is trying to use values that aren't checked. Follow the link above and make sure that the formula in the box is correct for the point system you wish to use.
  • tessler65btessler65b
    Member, Tester, VIP
    @hjntsmom You have to mark all those checkboxes, but did you also enter the old formula itself under "Edit Formula"?
  • No I hadn't. Thanks got it working!!
  • What exactly do u enter under edit formula?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @jedwards0814 it depends on what plan you are trying to follow.

There are some examples here of the old UK and US plans:
    http://forum.canofsleep.com/discussion/132/wwdiary-new-ww-plan-and-how-to-keep-using-the-old-one

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged