Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
How to use the scanner feature
  • So far I have not been able to figure the scanner. First time I tried to used it, I had to download a scanner application from the market in my Droid. When I scan a food item, gives me back a number that I assume pertains to the item but it does not translate into a name for the item food in the calculator. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a specific scan app that has to be used for this to work? Thanks in advance.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    You're doing everything right.

The scanner is more of a shortcut to entering in items that you happen to have in front of you. Right now, when you scan something you've never scanned before, it will ask you to enter in the name of the item. Then you enter in nutrition and/or point values. This all gets saved in your database.

The next time you scan the item, it will instantly find it and recall all of the saved information.

Soon, for subscribers, I will be offering a barcode lookup feature which will attempt to retrieve the nutritional information of the food item you scanned.
  • Thank you!
  • hrr57hrr57
    Update 03/17) I recently re-new my subscription and everything seems to be working fine except for the scanner, I hit scanner button reloads the frame but nothing happens. Any suggestions.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @hrr57

What do you mean it reloads the frame and nothing happens? When you press the scanner button it should try to use another app to do the scanning (like google goggles or zxing barcode scanner)

If you're trying to use goggles, you may need to open the app at least once first because it wants to do a tutorial or intro message. After that you shouldn't have issues. The same may be true for zxing, I haven't used it in a while.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion