Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
cnovak912 needs help
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Can't change your forum password?.
  • Don't know what I need in order to update with scanner.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @cnovak912
    What have you done so far?
    What are you confused about?

Help me help you :) there are so many reasons I can think of why someone would be confused, but I'm having a hard time trying to guess what you are trying to do.

Did you purchase a subscription, or are you trying to use the barcode scanner without one?
  • Trying to use bar code scanner without one... I have been away from your app for a while and am trying to learn it again. Btw awesome app... is there a difference with the original and the points plus? In terms of scanner differences
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @cnovak912
    Without a subscription, using the barcode scanner app is a shortcut for food entry. You can scan something and it will prompt you to fill in the food details. Once you've scanned and saved an entry in your point log, the next time you scan it, it will auto recall all of the saved information.

For those with a subscription, it will attempt to look up the barcode in the online database that's constantly growing. If still not found however, the same behavior will apply. You can fill in nutrition info and it will always recall instantly if you've eaten the food before.
  • How do I obtain a subscription? Using my droid 2 I log in using my facebook should I just open a new account?
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @cnovak912
    It's easiest to do in a full browser (not on a phone).
    Head over to your profile and go to the subscription section and follow the instructions.

You can see where to look in the screen shots in this blog post: https://forum.canofsleep.com/discussion/493/wwdiary-subscriptions-are-now-public

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion