Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Foods not using the values I expect
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    This discussion was created from comments split from: Sync Issues.
  • Dan, Sorry to bug you again but another problem has arisen with the database. When I enter specific foods that have previously been entered (their values appear in the popup menu) their values do not transfer into the new daily entry. Usually a zero or a one appears on the current day's entry for that food. Thanks for you help...
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Can you verify there are no saved values in the calculator?
    Which foods, I'll try to look and see what's there in the description?
  • Hi Dan, Some foods have some values in the calculator, but do not totally correctly when you hit "ok" (usually enters 0 or 1). Turkey Cooked 6 Oz has a value of 9 points saved but calculator has empty values, Hamburger Patty is another example of blank calculator values. Thanks again...
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    Hrmm everything for that food looks kosher in the database on my end. Do you have a digital camera or another phone with a camera?

Can you take 3 pictures of your screen? 1 showing the incorrect values in the point log, 1 with the food in the add food screen with all the values filled out. And one with the calculator open right after you took the 2nd one.
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    I split this off into a new discussion @csadlik

I've restored your database to my phone and have had luck correcting entries that do this by doing the following:
    1. New Food
    2. Type in name and select from the dropdown list
    3. Go into calculator
    4. If there are values in it, press clear button. Otherwise, enter a value so the option to clear becomes available, then click clear.
    5. Press OK
    6. Now enter the point value from in the food entry screen
    7. Press OK

The food should now display like you want. I think there may be some phantom food nutrition information stored in the db because of the point system change. I'll keep an eye on this but I haven't heard about this from anyone else. If it starts popping up, I'll take a closer look into what exactly is going on.

For now, just making sure the calculator is clear should fix the issue if you notice a point discrepancy for what you put in and what shows up.
  • Dan, Thanks. I think I found something else with the new installation on my new phone. While double checking the settings I notice that when I opened the "Edit formula" choice, there was no formula showing as there was in my original phone. I entered the formula from the original phone into my new phone it now seems to be calculating everything correctly with the synced database numbers! It appears there was no formula in my new phone so therefore it wouldn't calculate properly. Thanks again for all your help!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @csadlik Ahhh, you were using the old point system. Yes, those settings are not carried over yet in the sync. That's on my list of things to do.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion