Forum account registration has been disabled for now due to large spammer volume. Please email me if you would like an account on the forum to chat with others or to set up a sync subscription.
Missing "Barcode Scanning" Button
  • Good Morning!

I've installed WWDiary on my new Google Nexus 7 and when I hit the Turkey Leg to enter a new food item, the barcode scanning button is not there. I *think* it's because I'm running 4.1.2. I do know that it appears on my old tablet (Samsung Galaxy 2) which runs 4.0.4. (I never got it to work on the Samsung tablet, but that was probably a "me" issue.)

Ideas? Thoughts? Updates?

Thanks!!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    It seems the nexus 7 has no back facing camera. Do you know if the barcode scanners work with the front facing one? Can you try getting Google Goggles or the zxing barcode scanner and let me know if they will detect and use a front facing scanner?
  • Ah... I didn't even realize that. I did try both google goggles and barcode scanner and it was a no go.

Thanks for your help!
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    No problem! Let me know if you have any other questions.
  • No scanning button on archos 101xs. There is no front facing caméra but for Google goggles it s ok
  • ddumontddumont
    Administrator
    @fabulon I'll look into it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Tagged